Recent research has indicated that up to 73% of those planning an overseas holiday read catalogues before making a buying decision. As you can see, this is a powerful opportunity for the tourism business to tap into the power of letterbox advertising.
In a world where everyone seems to be focusing on social media advertising and email marketing, it can be easy to forget just how powerful the letterbox truly is.
Marketing research has proven that letterbox advertising is still number one when it comes to reaching tourists. Letterbox distribution and its ability to reach new customers out performs other avenues of marketing including newspapers, free-to-air TV and the internet.
The letterbox has been around for a very long time and many marketers and business owners view it as old school. In turn, they neglect to see the true potential of letterbox distribution. But the truth is this type of advertising can be an effective tool that can help increase your customer base along with a better return on your investment.
How To Harness The Power of The Letterbox
• Connect with your customers: As you now already know, letterbox advertising is more effective than other forms of marketing. When surveyed, 71% of tourists that have gone on an overseas holiday said they have read catalogues. When you compare this to newspapers, only 54% said they read the daily news. The internet and TV do play a vital role in advertising but studies show that the letterbox is still king. So what did we learn from all this? If you want to have a successful marketing campaign, you should add letterbox distribution to your plan.
• Letterbox advertising helps guide them: When you present people with more choices. it can help persuade them to move in a certain direction. This is why the letterbox is such an amazing way to guide customers in your direction. Studies have shown that 40% of catalogue readers enjoy long holidays over short ones. This means that your customer will potentially be using a letterbox flyer or brochure to make a major holiday decision.
How To Make Letterbox Marketing Work
Now let's take a deeper look at how you can use letterbox marketing work to guide your customers. Below you will find some tips that will help you get started.
• Give them exclusive offers: A great way to encourage a potential customer to act is to give them a special offer that is time sensitive. When travelers feel the urgency to capture a great deal before it goes away, they are more likely to make a purchase.
• Make a compelling message: Instead of trying to place all your information on one tiny flyer, go with a simple but compelling message that will draw in their attention. Then direct them to your website or brick and mortar location to seal the deal.
• Have a clear call-to-action: After you have provided your customers with some details on the services you have to offer, make sure you give them a call-to-action. This will help motivate them to move. Make it as simple as possible: Most people like to keep things as simple as possible. Make sure that the booking process you offer is simple and easy to use.
What Are You Waiting For? Get Started Today!
There is no time better than right now to get your letterbox advertising campaign off the ground. The longer you wait, the more customers you will potentially lose. Remember that letterbox advertising is one of the best ways to reach customers directly. The best part is it's a highly affordable way to bring in more sales. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your campaign today!