“The secret of all effective advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships.” Leo Burnett Marketing or advertising, you need to create information that your customers find interesting and worth talking about and remembering.
Here are 8 important enablers we rely on to create effective advertisement messages:
1. Grab and hold viewers’ attention with interesting information. Keep in mind that people don’t read ads, they read what interests them. Your ad messages must be interesting to your target communities.
2. Define a value proposition that truly discriminates you from your competition. Give your customers reasons to select you.
3. Consider the end state values to your customers. A good example of this is Dell’s fast delivery of a custom computer.
4. Make your messages simple that the reader will quickly understand. Keep in mind that pictures are far more valuable than words!
5. Be relevant to your target market. Keep in mind that one message does not fit all. It starts with knowing your target market.
6. Define your positioning, your frame of reference. Make comparisons to your competitors if you can.
7. Clearly link your messages to your brand.
8. Make your ad a component of an integrated marketing campaign. Remember, it is not what advertising does with the consumer, it is what the consumer does after reading the advertisement!